About

Welcome to the Ivyland Country Store

The Ivyland Country Store was originally built by Edwin Lacey as a frame store. Lacey’s vision was to build a village in anticipation of the upcoming railroad which had its first train service on March 9th, 1874. It was built next to The Temperance House Hotel and first operated by J. Montgomery Carr who ran the store with his son Wilmer W. Carr. The store offered a multitude of goods to its customers ranging from clothing and boots to yard goods but most notably, groceries.

Its popularity for its quality products even reached the city population. Now the store is known for maintaining the integrity of its old fashioned country style in both its atmosphere and food. We still have good food and offer delivery of our goods as they did in the beginning, just not by wagons!